Auditions for the Academy Program
An audition is required for all students returning and new.
- Prepare 2 musical theatre songs, 1-min or less in length, one should be contemporary and the other a classic song.
- Prepare 1 monologue, also 1-min or less from a published play
- Submit a resume outlining your musical theatre experience
- Submit a personal essay (one page, double-spaced) indicating your interest, performing arts goals, what theatre means to you, and what you hope to learn
Once accepted you will need to enroll in the following:
- Our Academy Program Membership to provide your $50/month dues.
- Two 2022 Session Classes – one must be either Ballet or Musical Theatre Dance, the other can be either Advanced Acting, Vocal Performance, or Play Date (ages 11 to 16).
- If you sign up for 3 classes, you’ll receive $100 off your total (please email for special coupon code).
As part of this pre-professional program, students will serve as ambassadors for Theatre 360 in our new touring company and take part in three specialized Master Classes, built specifically for the Academy group.
How to audition:
Please submit a video audition:
- You may perform your songs and monologue in one video. However, if this makes the video file too large to manage/upload then feel free to split it up or record separately.
- Be sure to say the title and playwright/composer before each piece.
- Songs should be sung with a track/accompaniment.
- Attached your resume and essay to the email with your video.
- We prefer videos be sent via a link as they are normally too large to be emailed.
- You can use YouTube, Google, Dropbox, WeTransfer etc. to send us your video.
- Please email everything to email@example.com
- If you’re running into technical difficulties, please let us know so we are aware and can possibly help
- Record in a well-lit area with a mostly blank background, and of course, check that sound and video quality are good