Auditions for the Academy Program
An audition is required for all students new to the Academy program.
- Prepare a one minute monologue from a published play and a one minute musical theatre song
- Submit a resume outlining your musical theatre experience
- Submit a personal essay (one page, double-spaced) indicating your interest, performing arts goals, what theatre means to you, and what you hope to learn
How to audition:
Please submit a video audition:
- You may perform your songs and monologue in one video. However, if this makes the video file too large to manage/upload then feel free to split it up or record separately.
- Be sure to say the title and playwright/composer before each piece.
- Songs should be sung with a track/accompaniment.
- Attach your resume and essay to the email with your video.
- We prefer videos be sent via a link as they are normally too large to be emailed.
- You can use YouTube, Google, Dropbox, WeTransfer etc. to send us your video.
- Please email everything to email@example.com
- If you’re running into technical difficulties, please let us know so we are aware and can possibly help
- Record in a well-lit area with a mostly blank background, and of course, check that sound and video quality are good