The Academy Program
For advanced level students ages 13-19!
The Academy Program is built for the passionate, experienced, and advanced level student. This rewarding program will take the student’s training to the next level! Both programs are college level, fast paced, and will support and encourage our students to further develop their skills necessary for a professional career.
Dramatic Arts Academy: CHECK BACK FOR DATES & TIMES!
A one week Dramatic Arts immersion program will focus on comedy and dramatic plays, script and character analysis, studying current and classic playwrights, building resumes and headshots, and culminate in a showcase of a modified one act.
*Musical Theatre Academy: CHECK BACK FOR DATES & TIMES
This two week Musical Theatre immersion program will train the students in daily acting, voice, and dance. Students will work on finding appropriate and challenging monologues, songs, and taking musical theatre dance, ballet, and jazz classes throughout the two weeks. This amazing and intense program will culminate in a showcase built specifically for them.
Students enrolled in the Academy Program will need to maintain consistent attendance due to the fast pace and rigorous training. Each Academy Program culminates in a performance/showcase on the final day. Time to be determined.
All students with experience and interest in this level of training are welcome. Please call to schedule an interview.
Guidelines: Students wanting the opportunity to join Theatre 360’s Academy Program must complete an admissions process which includes:
- Audition (auditions are scheduled with the Artistic Director based on student and AD availability, please call 626.577.5922 to schedule)
- For Dramatic Arts Academy a one minute monologue of your choice
- For Musical Theatre Academy a one minute monologue of your choice and a one minute musical theatre song
- A personal essay indicating your interest, performing arts goals, what theatre means to you, and what you hope to learn (One Page)
- An interview with the Artistic Director
*The Musical Theatre Program is a prerequisite for the annual New York Trip. If interested, please see details here: New York Trip!