The Academy Program
For advanced level students ages 13-19!
Each Academy Program culminates in a performance/showcase on the final day. Time to be determined.
All students with experience and interest in this level of training are welcome.
The Academy Program is built for the passionate, experienced, and advanced level student. This rewarding program will take the student’s training to the next level! Both programs are college level, fast paced, and will support and encourage our students to further develop their skills necessary for a professional career.
Students that have gone through our programs and training have been accepted at some of the most prestigious schools across the country such as: University of Michigan, Juilliard, Pace, Yale, Boston Conservatory, Carnegie Mellon and more.
This two week musical theatre immersion program will train the students in daily acting, voice, and dance. Students will work on finding appropriate and challenging monologues, songs, and taking musical theatre dance, ballet, and jazz classes throughout the two weeks. This amazing and intense program will culminate in a showcase built specifically for them.
Acting Academy: CHECK BACK FOR DATES!
A one week immersion program that will focus on comedy and dramatic plays, script and character analysis, studying current and classic playwrights, building resumes and headshots, and culminate in a showcase of a modified one act.
What We Expect:
Students enrolled in the Academy Program will need to maintain consistent attendance due to the fast pace and rigorous training. In a rigorous course like this, we ask that students interested in the program come in with a minimum of:
- 3-4 years dance training (ballet, jazz, and musical theatre)
- 3-4 years vocal training
- 3-4 years acting training
- Familiarity with prominent playwrights and composers for both currently running and past plays and shows.
Dance and vocal training are not necessary for the Acting Academy but helpful for overall theatre knowledge. All are required for Musical Theatre Academy however.
Students should come into this program ready to work hard and should be able to take constructive feedback on their work and performance.
Guidelines & Admission:
Students wanting the opportunity to join Theatre 360’s Academy Program must complete an admissions process which includes:
- Video Audition: Please prepare the following and submit via video – we prefer a YouTube or Vimeo link – to email@example.com
- For Musical Theatre Academy: a one minute monologue of your choice and a one minute musical theatre song – DEADLINE to SUBMIT: TBD
- For Acting Academy: a one minute monologue of your choice DEADLINE to SUBMIT: TBD
- Resume: listing your education, training, and past experiences in acting/musical theatre
- Personal Essay: indicating your interest, performing arts goals, what theatre means to you, and what you hope to learn (One Page)
Submissions will be reviewed by our Artistic Director and staff from Theatre 360 will then confirm either acceptance or if further information is needed. Again, all admission materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.