What is Night of Stars?
This is a Spring Session program where students, alumni, family, and friends can come together and perform on stage in a cabaret showcase! It gives you a chance to be creative and be center-stage in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. You’ll also receive a Master Class from a Broadway professional who will help polish your act for the final performance! Acts can be almost anything: solos or duets, monologues, skits, dance routines – whatever shows you off best – get creative!
Who can participate?
Current students, former students, alumni, friends, and parents!
What’s required to join?
- Pick your act! Is it a song, dance, monologue, duet, trio, scene? Just make sure it is 3 minutes or less.
- Then schedule an audition with our Artistic Director, Devon Yates; she will help you prepare, develop your piece and give feedback if needed! Email us your availability: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (If you are auditioning with a song, please prepare and memorize the whole song before you make an appointment)
What does it include?
Participants will receive:
- A scheduled session with Artistic Director Devon Yates
- A rehearsal with other students and accompanist
- A 2 hour Master Class with Karen Morrow
- Performance on May 20th.
$60 for those enrolled in Spring Session
$80 for any other participant.
When is it?
Mandatory Rehearsal: May 19, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Master Class: May 20, 1:00 – 3:30pm
Performance: May 20, 7:00pm
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: MAY 5!
About Karen Morrow
Emmy Winner, 7 time Broadway Star, and Spotlight Award Master Class Teacher Karen Morrow will inspire and delight with her instruction! She has conducted Master Classes at Carnegie-Mellon, Northwestern, University of Southern California, the Kennedy Center and the Los Angeles Music Center to name a few. Ms. Morrow is a renowned teacher that will help each student bring out the best in themselves and their material. Each student will develop confidence, vocal control, subtleties within the lyrics and phrasing, and storytelling through their songs and acts.
Night of Stars 2016