What is Night of Stars?
This is a Spring Session program where students, alumni, family, and friends can come together and perform on stage in a cabaret showcase! It gives you a chance to be creative and be center-stage in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. You’ll also receive a Master Class from a Broadway professional who will help polish your act for the final performance! Acts can be almost anything: solos or duets, monologues, skits, dance routines – whatever shows you off best – get creative!
Who can participate?
Current students, former students, alumni, friends, and parents!
What’s required to join?
- Pick your act! Is it a song, dance, monologue, duet, trio, scene? Just make sure it is a solid 3 minutes or less.
- Record your act and send us a link of the video so we can review: email@example.com
- We prefer a YouTube or Vimeo link
- When you send us your video please provide the following information*:
- Names of each performer
- Short description of your act (be sure to include musical or play titles, songwriters or playwrights, and any other helpful information)
*If singing a song, we will need a copy of the sheet music for our accompanist.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: MAY 5!
What does it include?
Participants will receive:
- A rehearsal with other students and accompanist
- A 2 hour Master Class with Emmy Winner Karen Morrow
- Performance on May 19th
$65 for those enrolled in Spring Session
$85 for any other participant
All fees are due before the rehearsal.
When is it?
Mandatory Rehearsal: May 18, time TBA
Master Class: May 19, 1:00 – 3:00pm
Performance: May 19, 7:00pm
About Karen Morrow
Emmy Winner, 7 time Broadway Star, and Spotlight Award Master Class Teacher Karen Morrow will inspire and delight with her instruction! She has conducted Master Classes at Carnegie-Mellon, Northwestern, University of Southern California, the Kennedy Center and the Los Angeles Music Center to name a few. Ms. Morrow is a renowned teacher that will help each student bring out the best in themselves and their material. Each student will develop confidence, vocal control, subtleties within the lyrics and phrasing, and storytelling through their songs and acts.